Hygiene-Museum

Through the foundation of the Hygiene Museum, "Odol"-inventor Otto Lingner donated one of his mouthwash million to Dresden in 1912 all in the spirit of health education. Heavily targeted by bombs, the museum was swiftly rebuilt in 1945 and a congress hall was added in 1958. This grand hall was a major venue for the Dresdner Philharmonie until the opening of the Kulturpalast. The general restoration of the building took place in 2002-11 including the re-establishment of the old interior design. The multitude of possibilities offered by the new grand hall make the Deutsches Hygiene Museum an ideal location for musical experiments and little escapades further than just the framework of classical tradition.

Built: 1928-30/ addition congress hall 1958/ general restoration 2002-11

Architect: Wilhelm Kreis, Alexander Künzner (1958), Peter Kulka (2002)

Interior size: 36m length, 15m width, 12m height

Reverberation time: 2 sec (full)

Seats: up to 437

HM
Hygiene-Museum
  • Details

    Adress
    Deutsches Hygiene-Museum Dresden
    Lingnerplatz 1
    01069 Dresden

    Parking
    Car park »Lingnerallee«, »Pirnaische Str.« and »Blüherstr.«

    Bus & Tram
    Stop Deutsches Hygiene-Museum: Tram 1, 2, 4, 12
    Stop Großer Garten: Tram 10, 13

    Taxi stand
    Hauptallee | Lingner Platz

    The staff orders a taxi on forehand, if requested.

    Cloak room
    free, first floor and ground floor

    Catering
    Drinks (during breaktime)
    Restaurant »Lingner« in the museum

    Seats
    398

    Doors open
    30 minutes before the beginning of the concert

    Wheelchair users
    Lift, facilities and cloak room for wheelchair users on the ground floor

  • Google Maps

Concert calendar